Vintage Jewellery Buying Tips
When buying vintage jewellery, there are a few things to keep in mind when navigating this exciting way of shopping. Here are our top tips when looking for your next vintage piece:
- Firstly, make sure that you buy your vintage jewellery from a reputable experienced jeweller so that you can be sure that what you are buying is genuine.
- A reputable jeweller will ensure that stone settings are secure and will have repaired any weaknesses in the jewellery.
- Be aware that a vintage or antique piece of jewellery may not be suitable for constant wear if the design is delicate and the piece is old, it may be something to enjoy on evenings out. Ask your jeweller about this and buy jewellery to suit your requirements.
- Keep in mind that vintage or antique jewellery may no longer have a hallmark due to wear or repairs over the years that have obliterated it. Jewellers always try to retain the hallmark but it is not always possible, again you can ask your jeweller about this.
- Remember that vintage, antique and pre owned jewellery is the best value and in these ranges you can find the unusual, beautiful and quirky pieces that you won't find in new jewellery.
- Lastly enjoy searching for your perfect piece of jewellery, it's fun and you really can find that unique piece of jewellery to suit just you.